Your Community Bank since 1867
A Community Bank
- First State Bank has served St. Charles County for over 145 years, and is the oldest independent community bank in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- First State Bank is the 7th oldest bank in Missouri.
Independent & Locally-Owned
- Our ownership is shared between our employees and local shareholders.
- Since 1867, First State Bank has never been bought out by another bank.
Please contact any of our locations for your personal or business financial needs. Contact FSB
145 Years: A Brief History
"Since our customers tied their horses outside our front doors. That's how long we've been in this community."
We were here when…
- 1876… Alexander Bell spoke on the first telephone
- 1896… Ford introduced the first gas-powered automobile
- 1904… St. Louis welcomed the world to the Fair
- 1969… Neil Armstrong walked on the moon
- 1990’s… when the Internet connected countries with a click of a button
Where we are today…
Today we are one of the nation's highest performing and capitalized community banks, allowing us to continue our place in this ever-changing financial environment.
Since its founding in 1867, First State Bank's priority has been — and continues to be — to meet the financial needs of local businesses and continue the distinctive personal relationships our customers have come to expect.
FDIC Member FDIC
Equal Opportunity Lender
To report a lost or stolen Debit or ATM card during normal banking hours, please call 636-940-5555. If it is after hours, call 800-554-8969 and then call the bank on the following business day to order a replacement card.
NOTICE: First State Bank is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics of the websites that have links here. We have provided these links for your convenience. However, we do not endorse or guarantee any products or services you may view on other sites. You should be advised that the First State Bank privacy policies do not apply to the linked websites and that a viewer should consult the privacy disclosure on the site for further information.