Your Community Bank since 1867
A Community Bank
- First State Bank has served St. Charles County for over 145 years, and is the oldest independent community bank in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- First State Bank is the 7th oldest bank in Missouri.
Independent & Locally-Owned
- Our ownership is shared between our employees and local shareholders.
- Since 1867, First State Bank has never been bought out by another bank.
Please contact any of our locations for your personal or business financial needs. Contact FSB
145 Years: A Brief History
"Since our customers tied their horses outside our front doors. That's how long we've been in this community."
We were here when…
- 1876… Alexander Bell spoke on the first telephone
- 1896… Ford introduced the first gas-powered automobile
- 1904… St. Louis welcomed the world to the Fair
- 1969… Neil Armstrong walked on the moon
- 1990’s… when the Internet connected countries with a click of a button
Where we are today…
Today we are one of the nation's highest performing and capitalized community banks, allowing us to continue our place in this ever-changing financial environment.
Since its founding in 1867, First State Bank's priority has been — and continues to be — to meet the financial needs of local businesses and continue the distinctive personal relationships our customers have come to expect.
FDIC Member FDIC
Equal Opportunity Lender